Sunday, March 25, 2012

If you have a crab put it in water!

The best parenting advice I have ever gotten: "If you have a crab put it in the water". It has worked from the time my kids were just a month old and still works now that they are almost 5 and 7. It's the inspiration for a baby card I put together today. The gift will be some bath products.


The card is the square crab card from Life's a Beach. I embossed the paper with my Big Kick and added some twine and buttons. The way the card is intended the background paper wouldn't be there and the inside of the back would show through. But, I wanted to add a sentiment to the inside of the card so I glued a background paper on (which is actually a really sweet pink argyle, it just doesn't show up so well here).





The sentiment I had wrote and cut "crab" and "water" using the Once Upon a Princess font (welded letters together on my Gypsy).

I'm entering this project into a couple of challenges:
Alphabet Challenge Blog: Dry Embossing
Card Makin' Mamas: Buttons

5 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is so cute. Living on the coast of South MS all my life, I'm a fan of anything with crabs on it! This sentiment is just perfect! The locals here would buy these up like hotcakes! Good luck in your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie crab!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab saying and a great card! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge.

    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is adorable!! Love that crab! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!