Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Home Decor Hop

Welcome to Paper Crafting World and Cooking With Cricut’s Home Décor Blog Hop!  Our Design Teams are so excited to bring you a two-day hop that focuses on projects for your home – that’s right no cards or scrapbook layouts in this hop!  You should have arrived here from visiting Court at Court's Craft Corner.  If you’ve joined us in mid-Hop and would like to check out all the other fantastic projects head on over to Melinda’s Paper Crafting World   (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com) and start at the beginning.

For this hop I had so many different ideas of what I wanted to make, but landed on the one I actually NEEDED at my house - a way to keep my family organized. I spend a lot (probably too much) time on Pinterest and have been looking at how other moms seem to keep it together. I have adapted all the projects I have seen to come up with this for my family.


Here it is in use:

It was pretty easy to make and I love how it looks (and I hope I keep more organized with it!)

I bought the white board for about $10 at Target and bought a roll of their paper tape (found in the bulletin board section with all the magnets and tacks). I used the tape to mark out different sections on the board. The pad of paper is from teh dollar bin at Target as well (I bought several of the same one because I like how it matches, lol). 

The menu portion is a take on a system I had already been using. All of our meal ideas are written on the turquoise tabs. (These are cut from the Wild Card cartridge).  Using magnets I just put up all of our meals for the week right on the board. (The days of the week are circles from Cricut Classic Font, flowers from Mothers Day Bouquet and letters from Calligraphy Collection).
 All of the tabs are stored in these cute little envelopes (also from the Wild Card Cartridge). I have seen people use many different categories to sort their meals. I work in the evening, so my husband has to cook several days a week so I have to sort them by who is cooking (his skills in the kitchen are limited, shall we say!) I used Calligraphy Collection for the labels (on my gypsy, welded the letters together).


I am also a couponer (not extreme by any sense of the word, but I shop at a few different stores each week and have piles of coupons around the house pulled out for when I shop. So, I added a coupon section to my board. There is a heavy duty magnet for each of the major stores I shop at so i can pull coupons from my coupon filer and put them up on the board to grab before I head out shopping. The cut is from Mother's Day Bouquet and I just hand-wrote in the name of the stores on them.



All the words on this board are typed from Calligraphy Collection and I used my Gypsy to weld he letters together.


We hope you’ll link up your Home Décor project for a chance at winning one of our giveaways.  One winner will be chosen by random draw and three others will be selected by the Design Team.  Head on over to Cooking With Cricut  (http://www.cookingwithcricut.com) for the guidelines and the link up. 


Thanks for stopping by!  Head on over and check out what Jamie L. at Scrappin' 2 Baby Girls has cooked up!

23 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Melissa! Practical and pretty!!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful board! I love all the details and it is so cute too! Great way to keep it all organized while being something so pretty to look at! What a fabulous piece of inspiration! I SO need one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, this is such a great project! I'm sure everyone could use a great system like this in their homes or offices! Especially me! lol I may CASE this and give it my own spin, but of course, you will get the credit for the idea!
    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project with loads of details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great information organizer! I love every aspect of it! You really put a lot of thought into what works for your family. The part I love the best is the meal plan - love the little containers for the menus!!

    I bet your whole house is organized, isn't it?? You must be a very busy person!! :)

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love this, i could with one of these lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous idea!! What a wonderful way to organize.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! I would love to have one at my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... you can see lots of thought went into this.. not to mention time.. fab project.. wtg.. mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh Melissa, this is BRILLIANT!!!! Omgosh do I need this in my home! I love how you've customized it be multi-purpose and to fit your family's needs--my little brother will be living with me starting in Fall for college and he has type 1 Diabetes...I've been trying to come up with a way to plan and organize meals because I'm a bit nervous about it all. This is JUST WHAT I NEED! And you are just so talented, I wish you could come over and help me make one of my own, but with this fabulous inspiration you've provided, I think I will give it a try! LOVE the couponing portion too as my sister is an "extreme" couponer and has been urging me to coupon but I'm overwhelmed at how to start--so if I do this, I might actually USE my coupons instead of shoving them into the abyss which is my kitchen junk drawer :) TFS!!! Hugs hugs and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa, what an awesome project! So well thought out and smartly designed. i love this. We all need to stay organized!! You ROCKED this for sure. TFS!
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Projects!!!Love this idea for displaying my coupons.TFS
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
    mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome idea. Great way to organize and plan meals. Love the way you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. like this idea VERY much and it would have been very handy several years ago when I was a family of four. Now with just me, i just wing it every day. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I envy your organizational skills with meal planning and shopping. I pretty much have had to give up cooking and shopping with my medical challenges. This is a great idea for you and would make life much easier with a growing family~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this idea Melissa!!! Thanks for the idea on organization!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea!! I would love to have one of these, wanna make one for my family too, including the menu? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous idea and way to get organized. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cool idea- I totally need one of these in my house!! I love this!!
    Hugs!
    Heather :)
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great and useful idea. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a great idea. Cool.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!